I want to thank Wayfair for sponsoring this Easy Chicken Pot Pie Recipe .
When Wayfair announced they were going to do a “Battle of the Pies” and asked us to submit a pie recipe, I was super excited. Who doesn’t love a pie challenge? They were going to choose 40 of the pie submissions for the battle. Initially, I thought about sending over one of my favorite fruit pie recipes, but then I thought there would probably be many sweet pies entered. So, I thought a savory pie would be a better choice and something different to add to the mix. I was right! They added my recipe to the battle. 🙂
Now, I already feel like I won, but whoever gets the most social interaction on their pie wins a pie plate from Wayfair! I could really use a new pie plate so if you could share this post/recipe on all your social channels (and like and comment on my social shares) a
billion few times, I will be your best friend for life (okay, maybe I shouldn’t go that far, but I would really, really, really appreciate it).
Easy Chicken Pot Pie Recipe is my pie submission. This pie brings up great memories for me. My grandparents would have it once a week. They would eat it on TV trays in front of the television. What I wouldn’t give to be able to stop over to their house one more time and enjoy chicken pot pie with them.
Easy Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 small potato peeled and diced
- 1 carrot sliced
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1/4 small onion diced
- 1/4 tsp. sage
- 1/4 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1/3 c. flour
- 1 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 1 c. milk
- 3 c. diced cooked chicken (I use a rotisserie chicken)
- Handful of frozen peas
- 2 Store-bought pie crusts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Boil the diced potato and carrot to soften. Drain.
- Melt the butter in a large sauté pan.
- Add the onions and sauté until they are translucent.
- Add salt, pepper, sage and poultry seasoning. Stir.
- Sprinkle the flour on top of the onion mixture and cook for 1 minute; stirring to evenly cook the flour.
- Gradually whisk in the chicken broth and milk.
- Add the cooked potatoes and carrots and let simmer for a few minutes to thicken.
- Stir in the chicken and peas. Turn heat off.
- Put one of the pie crusts in the bottom of a deep dish pie plate.
- Pour the chicken filling into the pie shell.
- Place the second pie crust on top and press the crust edges together to seal.
- Brush the egg wash on top of the pot pie and use a knife to cut a few slits in the top of the pie to let the steam escape.
- Place the pie on a baking sheet and in the oven for 30 minutes.
- I let it sit for about ten minutes before I cut it. The pieces come out better after it sits a little bit.
When I was taking the pictures of this Easy Chicken Pot Pie, the plaid blanket in the living room caught my eye. It was the perfect “tablecloth” for this meal. Nothing says fall like a plaid blanket and warm Chicken Pot Pie.
PIN THIS POST!
There are tons of pies to drool over in this Battle of the Pies. Make sure to check them all out. I would love to know which one you would like to try first!
A Blissful Nest
A Southern Mother
Busy at Home
Chase the Star
Cooking with Ruthie
Fearlessly Creative Mammas
House of Tubers
Legal Miss Sunshine
Mama of 3 Munchkins
Our Holly Days
Polish my Crown
Close to Home
The Summary Umbrella
Bright Green Door
Designer Trapped in a Lawyers Body
Harlem Love Birds
Miss in the Kitchen
My Creative Days
Rad Mom Cool Kid
Table and Hearth
The Craft Patch
Wife in Progress
Wit Wisdom Food
Dearest Geeks of Earth